I shuffle down the hall
Facing just one more day
Yesterday was such a nightmare
I can't stand without leaning on a wall
Help me, I'm drowning
Why can't anyone hear me scream?
But I need to go away now
They don't see this broken human being
I'm a fragile little flower
But I rage like the howling storm
Anger burns me up inside
And it's my demons that hold the power
I'm sinking into the abyss
I'm not ready to lave here, I'm not
But it's time they say
Just as I need them, they're giving a goodbye kiss
But it's just a passing thing, this shadow
It's just like Samwise said
I'll get there with my head held high
I won't always feel so low
Watch me spread my wings and fly
I'm going to reach for the sun
I know not to get too close
but I can still touch that sweet blue sky
Yesterday was my last day of partial. I am a free bird again.
Facing just one more day
Yesterday was such a nightmare
I can't stand without leaning on a wall
Help me, I'm drowning
Why can't anyone hear me scream?
But I need to go away now
They don't see this broken human being
I'm a fragile little flower
But I rage like the howling storm
Anger burns me up inside
And it's my demons that hold the power
I'm sinking into the abyss
I'm not ready to lave here, I'm not
But it's time they say
Just as I need them, they're giving a goodbye kiss
But it's just a passing thing, this shadow
It's just like Samwise said
I'll get there with my head held high
I won't always feel so low
Watch me spread my wings and fly
I'm going to reach for the sun
I know not to get too close
but I can still touch that sweet blue sky
Yesterday was my last day of partial. I am a free bird again.